Remedial, Chinese & Therapeutic Massage Brisbane – Go2 has Brisbane’s most Professional Massage Therapists
Massage is extremely beneficial for people with busy lifestyles and successfully combats work related stress. Massage will not only aid with mental relaxation but will work on physical symptoms of back and neck pain that comes from sitting for an extended period of time at a desk, computer or from physical labour. A regular massage will increase the overall sense of well-being for optimum physical and mental health. Massage has an extraordinary ability to prevent illness too so don’t wait until it’s too bad. Many of our clients book regular massages to refresh themselves and work to stay healthy, let’s face it, it keeps you accountable!
Modern studies have shown that massage can be used to successfully help a variety of disorders, including:
- Back or neck pain
- Soft tissue injuries
- Chronic pain
- High blood pressure
Benefits of massage
One of the immediate benefits of massage is a feeling of deep relaxation and calm. This occurs because massage prompts the release of endorphins, the brain chemicals (neurotransmitters) that produce feelings of wellbeing. Levels of stress hormones, such as adrenalin, cortisol and norepinephrine, are also reduced. Studies indicate that high levels of stress hormones impair the immune system. So if you are stressed then one of the best things you can do is to book your next massage at Go2. Our therapists know what you need and our diverse team means that you can find the therapists who suits you.
There has been an enormous amount of research done on massage and some of the physical benefits of massage include:
- Reduced muscle tension
- Improved circulation
- Stimulation of the lymphatic system
- Reduction of stress hormones
- Increased joint mobility and flexibility
- Improved skin tone
- Speedier healing of soft tissue injuries
- Heightened mental alertness
- Reduced anxiety and depression.
Different types of massage
Our massage therapists use a blend of oil, sorbolene and various pain relieving creams and gels throughout the session, don’t be afraid to ask if you have requests!
GO2 Health has the following types of massage available for you.
- Therapeutic – also known as ‘Western’ or ‘Swedish’ massage. One of the most popular forms of massage in Australia, this technique is designed to promote relaxation and improve blood circulation.
- Remedial/Deep tissue – encourages healing of injured soft tissue, such as muscles, tendons and ligaments.
- Sports – is a blend of techniques that aim to enhance performance and help overworked muscles to recover quickly.
There are some instances where massage isn’t recommended, including:
- During pregnancy, especially the first trimester – speak to your therapist and see what is possible!
- If skin rashes, cuts or infections are present
- If fractures or broken bones are suspected.
- The depth and strength of a massage can make or break your experience! Make sure you tell the therapist what you want, you are in charge!