GO2 has been steadily building a ‘boutique’ medical practice within our walls over the past 3 years. Our Practice Principal, Dr Kieran is fully integrated into the GO2 method, and able to provide a range of services to our patients. In keeping with our sports clinic heritage, there are some GP services that we do not focus on. We are in the process of bringing on a new GP; Dr Ian who is a highly experienced GP from Townsville with 40 years of DVA experience, and an interest in diabetes and parkinsons. We have recently achieved AGPAL accreditation for the first time, which demonstrates our commitment to quality healthcare.
Our services include:
- Adult general practice
- DVA focused care; The GO2 team are passionate about providing a seamless transition and ongoing care for our veterans and their families.
- Acute sports injuries
- QLD Emergency Services First Responder Health (Police / Fire / Ambulance)
- Lifestyle and preventative medicine
- Complex rehab case management (our famous One Stop Shop)
- ‘Roadworthy certificates’ – general health and wellness checks
- Aviation (CASA), Diving and other Occupational and Employment related medicals.
- Travel medicine and advice (Expedition and Adventure medicine is Dr Kieran’s passion)
- Skin checks & simple excisions (incl cryotherapy)
- In house ECG & Spirometry testing (fee attached)
- Flu vaccination
GP consult times
Our doctors are available from Monday to Friday. Both of our doctors work part time:
Dr Kieran is available on Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays
Dr Ian is available on Monday to Thursday (working until 6pm)
We have a ‘no wait’ policy across GO2. Please take this into consideration when booking your appointment – it is not fair to keep others waiting because you are trying to squeeze too much into one consult – it’s also poor medicine…
We will shortly offer online bookings.
After hours GP Service
GO2 have subscribed to ‘National Home Doctor Service’, allowing our patients to gain advice or be seen in their home after hours. This service is bulk billed. Contact them on 13 74 25.
- Monday to Friday between 6pm and 8am the following day
- Saturday and Sunday 12 noon and 8am the following Monday
- Public Holidays between 6pm on the preceding day and 8am on the following day.
GO2 Doctors is a private billing practice, so fees are at the discretion of our doctor. Providing high quality health care is expensive, and the Government Medicare rebate for bulk billing does not allow us to provide you with optimal care.
Our standard consultation fee is $120.00
(20 min consult, out of pocket cost is $48.80)
Our short consultation fee is $75.00
(10 min consult, out of pocket cost is $37.95)
Some of our services such as Aviation & Occupational medicals do not attract a Medicare rebate. Please contact us if you wish to discuss the fee for your appointment.
- DVA patients are bulk billed.
- Initial appointments are 20 mins – please expect to spend 15 mins prior with our Practice Nurse filling in background information.
- Services that involve wound dressings will attract a small procedure fee of $15-30, to cover the cost of consumables. No Medicare rebate.
- Skin excisions and suturing have a procedure fee of $50 (including dressings) to cover the cost of consumables. No Medicare rebate.
- Medical tests performed at GO2 such as ECG (heart tracing) and Lung function (Spirometry) will attract extra fees – some have a Medicare rebate.
Our policy is that payments are to be made on the day of consultation. Accepted payment methods include credit card, EFTPOS and cash. We can process your Medicare rebate electronically. A full list of fees is available at reception.
It is our policy that results are not given over the phone (unless of an urgent nature), as it is not best medical practice. We do not believe in enforcing a followup visit for ‘normal’ results. Results of pathology and imaging are downloaded to the GP who reviews and marks off those that need recall. They are all filed in your electronic patient record. Our Practice nurse will recall patients to discuss abnormal results (many are non urgent in nature). Otherwise, you are welcome to discuss any of your results at your next consult. Please contact Reception if you wish to see if your results have been received, or are concerned and wish to discuss.
Due to recent legal advice, we are unable to provide repeat scripts without a consult.
GO2 is pleased to have two highly experienced Practice Nurses providing a wide range of support to our GP and our patients. Jenny and Nadine are likely to become deeply involved in your care, especially with the complex case management and lifestyle medicine that we are focused on. Jenny is also PAP smear accredited.
By law, a medical certificate may only be given on the day of consult and not backdated.
Specialist referrals (including renewals) require a consult, and are not able to be backdated by law.
Phone Calls & Emails
Phone calls can be disruptive to the patient consult – generally our receptionists will take your call and a message; the doctor will then endeavour to call you back promptly if it is of an urgent nature - however return calls may not be made until later in the day. Emails will be answered within 24 hours, but usually much faster.
Our doctors are able to facilitate a home visit for those that are too ill or otherwise unable to come to the practice. Please be aware that home visits can be quite disruptive to the doctor’s day, and due to time constraints we have a 5km limit. Please contact reception to discuss your needs. Home visits are up to the discretion of the doctor. Remember the after hours doctor service during times we are closed.
Our cancellation or ‘no show’ fee is 50% of the standard booked consultation fee if we do not receive notice of your cancellation. We need 8 hours notice if you wish to cancel an appointment. This enables us to reschedule the day for other patients.
GO2 acknowledges that patient complaints are an important source of customer feedback. Under the Health Services Act 1987 people with complaints should try to resolve them directly with the GO2 Practice Manager. If a satisfactory outcome is not achieved then complaint can be directed to the Health Services Commissioner for action by calling 03 8601 5200.
Reminders and Practice information
GO2 is committed to preventative care and we may issue you with reminder notices or practice information from time to time. Please advise the staff if you do not wish to participate in this program.
First Aid Training
GO2's first aid training partner, Panoptic First Response, is able to facilitate a wide range of first aid training for individuals and organisations, at competitive rates. Need something bespoke to suit your needs – discuss it with Panoptic!