Dr Angela White
Mental Health, NZ Health Service Research Achievement
Dr Angela White (BA. Hons, MCP, PhD, MAPs, Clin Psych), is a registered Psychologist and practicing Clinical Psychologist (APHRA endorsed) with over 25 years experiencing in community mental health, private practice, clinical research and graduate education. Angela has worked with adults, young people, couples and families addressing a range of mental health emotional, psychological and behavioural concerns. Angela employs a strengths based client centered approach to the treatment of depression, anxiety, adjustment, behavioural, emotional, psychotic and stress and trauma related health issues. She is a trained evidence based practitioner with a particular focus on early intervention and the promotion of mental health wellbeing and resilience across the life span. Angela employs CBT (cognitive-behavioural therapy), Mindfulness, Acceptance and Commitment therapy and Motivational enhancement approaches to support individuals to achieve positive and constructive life goals and quality of life outcomes.
Along with her work at GO2, Angela is a Senior Research Fellow with the Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation, Queensland University of Technology where she is involved in the roll out of a national e-Mental Health (eMHPrac) GP and Allied Health training program. In addition, Angela is a Clinical Consultant with the School of Psychology, The University of Queensland, where she provides supervision for post-graduate students within the university psychology clinic. She is also an Adjunct Fellow with the Centre for Youth Substance Abuse Research (CYSAR), UQ, and conducts private supervision of psychologists for registration and professional development.
- BA (Hons)
- MCP (Masters of Clinical Psychology)
- PhD (University of Queensland)
Professional Associations / Achievements / Awards
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency Australian Psychological Society
- College of Clinical Psychologists Australian Association for Cognitive Behaviour Therapy International Society for Research on Internet Interventions (ISRII) (Foundation Member)
- Australian Postgraduate Award National Mental Health Award for Partnership Australian and New Zealand Mental Health Service Research Achievement Award.