Vanessa holds a Bachelor of Health Science (Naturopathy), completed at Endeavour College of Natural Health. Her Bachelor degree has exposed Vanessa to both traditional and modern approaches to health and healing using the modalities of Clinical Nutrition, Herbal Medicine, Iridology and Flower Essences.
Vanessa practices by using the most up to date evidence-based methods. She takes the time with every patient to hear their whole story and develop a treatment plan that will lead to real, lasting solution. As a qualified Naturopath her goal is always to identify and treat the root cause of a problem.
Vanessa is a published author and avidly involved in research within her field. She continuously stays informed and extends her existing knowledge by regularly attending conferences and academic seminars to keep her skills at a cutting edge level.
Special areas of Vanessa’s interest:
Vanessa is particularly interested in Diabetes management. She can aid in the management of Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes by considering all aspects of the disease, including the cause and progression of the condition as well as the potential complications that can arise with this chronic condition.
- Endocrine Conditions: Thyroid Disorders, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), metabolic syndrome, glucose metabolism, weight management
- Nervous System Disorders: Stress, anxiety, insomnia, fatigue, nerve pain, neuropathy (nerve damage)
- Digestive Disorders: Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), leaky gut, diverticulitis, fatty liver disease, food allergies, and intolerances.
- Skin Conditions: Eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, acne, wound healing.
- Auto-immune Disease: Rheumatoid Arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Coeliac’s Disease.
- Cardiovascular Health: Atherosclerosis, hypertension, cardiovascular disease.
Vanessa is covered for private health fund rebates and is qualified to order pathology and functional pathology testing.
- Bachelor of Health Science (Naturopathy) currently pursuing a research Master’s Degree in Health Services at the University of Technology Sydney
Professional Associations / Achievements / Awards
- National Herbalists Association of Australia (NHAA) No. 155748.